What I’m working on lately
- Project Clay
- Email dark mode
- Deadlifts (gotta keep those writerly glutes strong for the sitting)
- Project H (still thinking, it’s been ages)
What I’ve enjoyed lately
- Halt and Catch Fire
- Letters and Numbers
- Saving Suzy (still reeling) 💕
- One-pot pilaf rice
- Pink pilates socks that look like ballet shoes
What’s made me sad lately
- War and violence ☹️
- NFTs and Web 3.0
- That Australia hasn’t embraced renewable energy fast enough
- The monetisation of outrage and addiction
- Ageism normalised in everyday communication
Questions I’d love answers for
- What does optimistic dystopian fiction look like? (besides Ready Player One)
- What would a social media platform’s culture look like if it wasn’t run by a profiteering corporation?
- What does tech culture’s “planned obsolescence” approach do to accessibility, device fragmentation, and the environment? (is it silly to love the idea of the Framework laptop?)
- Can fiction directly influence people away from toxic behaviours, and if so, how?
- Is being “the least evil” good enough in the twenty-first century?