What I’m working on lately
What I’ve read/watched/played lately
- The Dare by Harley Laroux
- The Suicide Squad
- Kingdom: Two Crowns
- The Orville
What I’ve eaten lately
- Wonton noodle soup
- Donut holes filled with hazelnut chocolate
- Ham, cheese and tomato baguette
- Lamb stew with okra
- Plain roasted almonds
What I’ve pondered lately
- How do almond slicers work?
- Is historical accuracy in fiction worth it if it means your text perpetuates undesirable behaviour?
- Do humans possess the intellectual and empathic capacity to recognise machine sentience/sapience if it happens for real?
- From purely a self-knowledge standpoint, how much of a certain race must be in your heritage before you can identify as a person of that race?
- Could fiction writers make water pipe maintenance sound so interesting that it helps foster a culture of sustainability? (Municipal utilities romance — how’s that for a subgenre.)
What I need to research for upcoming work
- Effects of radiation exposure
- Maladaptive coping modes
- AI doing creative work
- Famous rebellions throughout history
- Regional British accents