Favourites & shares
I hope you like lists, because that's what you're getting here.
- Avorion by Boxelware sees you playing as a space trader — wee!
- Blueprint Tycoon by Endless Loop Studios is a supply chain management game about planning to make plans.
- RimWorld by Ludeon Studios and Tynan Sylvester, a colony management SIM.
- Untitled Goose Game by House House, a hilarious small-town adventure where you are a horrible goose.
RSS feed readers
- The Old Reader (free, web-based, apps available)
- Feedly (free, web-based)
- Newsboat (free, terminal-based)
- Reeder (paid, Mac/iPhone,iPad)
Sci-fi, sci-fan, space opera
- Dune by Frank Herbert; I don't care if people call this pseudo-intellectual bullshit. I am here for it.
- Luna Trilogy by Ian McDonald is one of my favourite SF series. Incredible world, breathtaking drama.
- Night Life by B.K. Bass is a punchy, true-to-genre hardboiled cyberpunk noir novella.
- Schismatrix Plus by Bruce Sterling is a compelling cyberpunk novel that examines what happens to human society over a long period of time.
- Summerland by Hannu Rajaniemi is an exciting and rather moving historical science-fantasy spy adventure.
- Time Was by Ian McDonald is a gorgeous wartime/post-war love story pieced together across books, across time.
Sci-fi & futuristic romance
- Mated to the Jardan Warrior by Aria Bell is a hot alien outlaw vs space cop novella. Well-written action and action.
- Star Brides: Procured by Pia Manning is a very hot alien romance that raises questions about culture and adaptation.
- Star Brides: The Meat Market by Pia Manning is sexy redemption for the two Zuntx warriors we came to know and despise.
- The A.I. Who Loved Me by Alyssa Cole is a very nice robot romance with a well-voiced audiobook.
- True Refuge by Annabelle McInnes is a gut-punch of a post-apocalyptic romance with a smooth finish.
- A Lover's Discourse by Xiaolu Guo, a second-person pov contemporary romance beautifully radiant with cultural nuance.
- Fairy Tale Lies by DK Marie is a dreamy contemporary romance with beautiful scene settings and simmering romantic tension.
- Faker by Sarah Smith is a fun and sexy enemies-to-lovers workplace romance, the author's delightful debut.
- Hot Girl Summer by Sonia Palermo features very lovable characters and enticing Brit vibes.
- Law & Disorder by Liv Arnold is a cute and sexy light-hearted neighbours romance, by a Melbourne-based author.
- Love Through a Lens by Lucy Felthouse is a moreish slow-burn set in the English countryside. The MMC has such Colin Firth energy.
- Not Meeting Mr. Right by Anita Hess is a cheeky and funny contemporary Australian romance centered on a Blak FMC.
- Simmer Down by Sarah Smith is a sexy and hilarious romcom set in Hawai'i, my fave by this author.
- Sips and Strokes by Sarah Skye is the steamy debut novel from Sarah Smith and Skye McDonald, writing as Sarah Skye.
- The Boy with the Bookstore by Sarah Smith is a delightful multicultural romance between a hard-working baker and a sexy bookstore owner.
- The Way Home by Stefanie Simpson is a sexy contemporary with disability rep and cinnamon roll vibes.
- Vibes & Feels by Sarah Skye is so freaking good: excellent characters, great conflict, pitch-perfect ending. Love it.
- Whistler Wonderland by Georgia Tingley is a feel-good Christmas romance
- Dirty First Dates: The Arcade by Harley Laroux is dark and sexy Laroux erotica in fine form.
- GOOD FRIEND Volume 3: Spot Me by Jillian Hoff made me laugh in a good way. Great writing.
- Intercourse with the Vampire by C.J. Douglass is fabulously written historical paranormal erotica. Hats off to this one.
- Occupational Hazard by Rebecca Chase, an anthology of six sexy snack reads ready to enjoy in little pockets of time.
- The Heart of the Deal by Lisabet Sarai is compelling and sexy contemporary erotica hitting tongue-in-cheek notes.
- Beneath the Sleepless Stars by Charisse Nicolle sees the daughter of an antiques dealer cross paths with a determined billionaire and a mysterious green-eyed stranger.
- Forgotten Storm by A.R. Vagnetti is romantic suspense featuring vampires, shifters, and paranormal society.
- Ghosts of Grace Cottage by Carolyn Wren is a delightful haunted house romance.
- Nasu by Jet Lupin is a queer vampire MM romance with excellent tension. First in the Blood Sealed series.
Dark fantasy, horror, et al.
- Dead Town by Anthony D. Redden was not the enjoyably creepy read I needed at the start of a pandemic, but these things happen.
- They Visited Cruelties Upon Their Saviour by Vince Salamone is a vivid and elegant dark fantasy short story. This author writes beautifully.
- How Two Love by Jan Resnick is a powerful guidebook for loving relationships, by a Perth psychotherapist and couples counsellor.