I’m a little annoyed with this year. Happy that I’m making progress with my work, but miffed that everything is so locked in. If I stacked my projects end to end, I’d be fully booked until I turn forty. And what a slog life is when there’s no room for new, exciting things.
We’ve still a way to go before 2019, but I’m already thinking about what I’d like to achieve next year. I don’t know exactly how this looks, but the wheels are turning. Here’s what’s been happening lately, though. Busy busy busy…
In the rearview
- The Only Question That Matters came out in August
- I’ve released the Danica story, The Beating of Our Hearts, on Wattpad. The first chapter, “Smoke and Aural Pleasures”, is live and ready to read. Second chapter starts in a couple of weeks. This is the third celestial dream story out in the wild, but certainly not the last Read it now.
- I’ve signed a contract with Kyanite Publishing. New book, It Starts With A Kiss, comes out later this year. Stay tuned.
What I’m working on
- Publishing prep for It Starts With A Kiss. Cover art, blurb, all of those things.
- “The World Laid Out For Him”, aka. chapter two of The Beating of Our Hearts.
- The Dragon’s Den, aka. the sequel to Chasing Sisyphus.
- Sunset on a Distant World, another story in the AMS Celestial Dream collection.
- NaNoWriMo… Yeah, I’m thinking of joining as a rebel this year. The energy and camaraderie is just so good for getting shit done.